WHAT ARE TARTS?
• Each Cozy Cottage Scents tart is individually hand-poured, made with high quality,custom measured paraffin and soy wax blend, and heavily laden with premium quality fragrance oils and essentials oils. We have a reputation for strong tarts with incredible scent throw.
NOTE: Not all fragrances are meant to be equal - some are naturally stronger than others.
• To start enjoying your scented tarts, remove the tart from its packaging and place one in the bowl of a tart melter. After about 20 minutes, the tart will be fully melted. Keep the cello bag to store the tart for future use, as explained below in the last bullet point.
Tarts are highly scented wax pods which can come in a variety of shapes, sizes & scents. They are like candles but have no wick and do not release soot in the air. Tarts are melted in a tart burner (uses a tea light candle for the heat source) or a tart melter (uses electic bulb or hot plate for the heat source). As the tart melts in the bowl atop of the tart burner or melter, it produces a large melted pool of highly scented wax and releases much more scent than a candle which has a smaller melted wax pool. The larger the melted wax pool is, the stronger and farther wax will "throw" its scent!
• When tarts melt, only the scent is released, the wax does not evaporat or dissipate into the air. After many hours of warming, the scent will finally fade. Most Cozy Cottage Scents tarts will release scent for approximately 8 to 18 hours making them one of the longest lasting tarts and a very cost effective alternative to traditional candles.
• Tarts can be re-melted many times before losing all their scent. For example, you can melt a tart for a couple of hours, let it solidify and then remelt the tart again and again.
• There are two ways to remove your melted wax tart from you wax melter. You can carefully spill out the hot, meted wax into a safe container such as an old soup can or disposable hot cup. You can also let the wax solidy at room temperature and once solid, place your tart melter bowl in the freezer for about 10 to 15 minutes. The solidified wax will pop right out with a gentle push. If your melted wax still has scent life, the freezer method is preferred. You can place the solid wax puck back in its original cello bag and use again in the future! If the scent has worn out after the last melt, simply discard in the trash.
Never leave a tart burner or tart melter unattended!
Never pour wax down a drain!
Never add water to a tart burner or tart melter!